Read below to check out the entertainment line up and vendors expected to be at the Farmers’ Market March 22:
Our Indoor Spring Market will be THIS Saturday, March 22nd from 9 am – 2 pm at the Morton Grove Civic Center, 6140 Dempster St. THANK YOU to our Indoor Markets Sponsor: MB Financial Bank. Be sure to visit their booth at the Market!
Here’s our ENTERTAINMENT LINE UP for Saturday:
- 9:00 – 10:30 am — Whitey O’Day will perform folk country, ethnic songs, 50s & 60s, sing-a-longs and old standards on the main stage. Visit Whitey’s website here.
- 10:00 am – 2:00 pm — Ryan from RC Juggles will make amazing balloon creations, juggle, and maybe even do some yo-yo and magic tricks. RC Juggles will be in the upstairs Kiddie Corner. For a cool RC Juggles video, click here.
- 11:00 – 11:45 am — Colin Austria from cjlele will be on the main stage playing guitar & ukulele and singing popular covers and original songs co-written with his brother Jacob. The duo began playing ukulele and guitar in 8th grade. Through their music, they have attracted quite a following on YouTube and among their peers at Niles North High School. Colin is a senior in “Chorale” Choir and Choir Group. Jacob is a sophomore in Choir Group and “Take One” Vocal Jazz. Visit the cjlele fan page to download their original songs for free.
- 12:00 – 2:00 pm — Bob Perlstein of the Perltones will perform bluegrass banjo on the main stage. Bob has played banjo in various Chicago Bluegrass bands since 1980. In the past, he taught at the Old Town School of Folk Music. The Perltones regularly appear at CJ Arthur’s Restaurant in Wilmette.
Here’s our VENDOR LINE UP for Saturday:
- Aunty Jeanne’s jams, jellies, and honey
- Backyard Bed and Breakfast hand made wooden birdhouses and decor
- Beadlicious dichroic, crystals, silver findings, gem stones and silk thread
- Beijo de Chocolat award winning chocolates, pastries, gourmet teas
- Benhart Farms beef, pork, chicken, turkey, free-range eggs
- Brian Kabat Photography photo prints, greeting cards, calendars, dvds
- Brick Oven Kitchen hummus, pita chips, giardiniera, herbs
- Buttercream by Julianna gluten free baked goods, made to order GF waffles
- Cheese People, The local, artisan cheese
- Diana’s Whoopie Pies whoopie pies, fruit pies, savory quiches
- * Fusion Spice vegan wraps, vegetarian wraps and baked samosas *upstairs cafe
- Jilly Bean Jar hand sewn and hand knit items
- Kountry Kettle Corn kettle corn
- La Spiceria gourmet spices, herbs, seeds, grains and unique seasonings
- LAZ Cosmetics all natural bath and body products, hand made sterling silver jewelry, hand blown glass jewelry, hand blown glass marbles
- Lil Bit Kit children’s baking kits
- Maggie’s Munchies elk antlers, bison and beef dog chews, boomer balls, dog treats
- Maier’s Bakery fresh baked goods made right here in Morton Grove
- Roedger Bros. Blueberries frozen Michigan blueberries
- Spark of the Heart vegan and gluten free mixes for dips, soup, rice and beans, salad
- Super Cup Coffee Shop hot and iced coffee, lemonade, bottled water, salsa
- 72 Decorations dried floral arrangements, paper floral arrangements, hand painted pots
- Tamales Express tamales, tacos, kale salad, soup *upstairs cafe
Thank you to our wonderful Spring Market volunteers!
There’s still time to sign up to help on 3/22. E-mail email@example.com or sign yourself up on VolunteerSpot.com.
We need people to help with:
- Set up (7:30-9:00 am)
- Welcome Booth Shift 2 (11:30 am – 2:00 pm)
- Kiddie Corner Shift 2 (11:30 am – 2:00 pm)
- Clean Up (2:00-3:00 pm)
We would be happy to provide community service letters, if needed.
Our regular outdoor season will run from June 7 – October 18, 8 am – 12 pm with a pre-season outdoor Mother’s Day Market on Saturday, May 10 from 8 am – 12 pm.
We once again plan to accept the Link Card and offer Double Value Tokens thanks to our Link/SNAP/EBT Sponsors NorthShore University HealthSystems, BMO Harris Bank, Creative Promotional Products, and the USDA.
*All of our indoor and outdoor markets will continue to offer FREE drawings at the Welcome Booth for your chance towin a MGFM reusable bag filled with goodies from our local vendors. Be sure to fill out a slip at EACH MARKET with your name, e-mail address, and phone number. You can’t win if you don’t enter! Winners will be notified by e-mail or phone after the Market closes and may pick up their prize during the next Market day.
This content was submitted by a member of the community. We’d like to hear from you, too! To share stories, photos, video or events for our calendar, please email Community News Manager Monica Kucera or submit to us online! Skokie submission tool | Lincolnwood submission tool | Morton Grove submission tool